Sep 15, 2020
City of Greater Geelong Council
Geelong VIC, Australia
In this role you will be working in the Capital Projects team and will be responsible for managing assigned capital projects within City Services including but not limited to buildings, landscapes, sports and recreation infrastructure and public amenities.
You will also assist with the implementation and monitoring of the Project Management Framework across the organisation to ensure capital projects are being delivered in a consistent manner.
Communication with key stakeholders, to ensure positive project outcomes, the ability to provide specialist advice and implementing project management principles is the key to success.
Key responsibilities include:
- Effectively deliver assigned capital projects, including streetscape projects, building projects, civil projects, landscaping projects, sports ovals and sports reserve developments, playgrounds, skate parks and toilet blocks.
- Providing supervision in relation to project delivery.
- Preparing contract documentation including drawings, specifications and other items specific to projects
- Effectively supervise construction phases of projects to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and to specifications set out in contracts
- Ensuring that effective project reporting mechanisms are implemented meeting the needs of the Director, Councillors, key stakeholders and corporate reporting requirements
Key Skills and Training
Administration and Project Management,
Critical (Analytical) Thinking,
Human Resources and Company Culture,
Interpersonal Communication Skills,
- Tertiary qualifications or diploma in Project Management, Construction Management or related field.
- Extensive experience in project management in either the construction management (civil or building) or recreation facilities areas.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of judgement to enable quality decision making within a project management context.
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships with a range of stakeholders (both external and internal, including Councillors) to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communications and consultation skills.
Sep 28, 2020