Sep 15, 2020
City of Greater Geelong Council
Geelong VIC, Australia
Environment and Sustainability
In this role you will be working in the Sustainability and Environmental Planning team and you will be responding to planning referrals and providing policy and technical advice on a range of environmental issues including biodiversity conservation, stormwater management and sustainability. You will work closely with Council staff, consultants, industry groups, developers and contractors to meet statutory planning requirements, and in the development and implementation of strategies and policies.
This is a temporary full-time position for five months.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing environmental input into statutory planning applications and strategic planning initiatives.
- Undertake site inspections of development application sites and ensure compliance with required environmental legislation and relevant planning permit conditions.
- Providing assistance and advice to Council staff undertaking construction and maintenance works to ensure that planning permit conditions and legislative requirements are adhered to.
- Providing staff training in relation to planning permit processes and environmental legislation (as required).
- Responding to and supporting sustainability initiatives as they emerge internally and external of Council.
Key Skills and Training
Administration and Project Management,
Creative Problem Solver,
Research and Analysis,
- A tertiary qualification in Town Planning, Natural Resource Management or Environmental Science with experience in environmental planning in a service-delivery organisation.
- Sound knowledge of the Victorian Planning System within local government and understanding of the Victorian Native Vegetation Clearing Guidelines.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge to interpret town planning legislation and statutory planning processes.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a large range of internal and external stakeholders.
Sep 28, 2020