Sep 15, 2020
City of Greater Geelong Council
Geelong VIC, Australia
Environment and Sustainability
In this role you will be working in the Urban Design and Heritage team and will play a key role in delivering Greater Geelong’s clever and creative future by providing high quality urban design expertise and advice on growth area projects, precinct structure plans and urban design frameworks. You will collaborate across the department and organisation to provide strategic, creative and spatial design thinking and expertise, and facilitate the delivery of growth area and infill projects and will work closely with other planning and urban design professionals as well as other disciplines.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing urban design expertise for strategic planning and design projects, precinct structure plans, urban design frameworks and development applications, ensuring high quality design outcomes are achieved across all scales.
- Researching, developing and preparing strategies, guidelines, policies and initiatives to support the delivery of a high-quality urban outcomes in growth areas.
- Providing visually compelling communication to enable diverse audiences to imagine and realise the future opportunities for a place, neighbourhood, or a precinct.
- Contributing to project teams which include colleagues from the department and a range of disciplines from across the organisation and from external organisations and agencies.
- Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to achieve the project objectives.
Key Skills and Training
Active Learning and Growth Mindset,
Administration and Project Management,
Research and Analysis,
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Relevant tertiary qualification in urban design, architecture or landscape architecture.
- Several years’ professional experience as an urban designer, with a focus on greenfield precinct structure planning, masterplanning and urban design framework projects.
- A solid understanding of urban design principles, including the ability to constructively critique development application proposals and the ability to input into the development of planning design policy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Victorian planning system, particularly in growth areas.
- Demonstrated ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, set priorities and meet deadlines and budget commitments which meet/exceed client expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships and work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake research and analysis to inform urban design outcomes.
- High level graphic competency in urban design software (e.g. AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and SketchUp) and ability to communicate clear narratives.
Sep 28, 2020