The Community Campaigner will assist the Northern Territory Marine Campaign Manager in the delivery of the Keep Top End Coasts Healthy campaign, with a focus on community campaigning, to build community interest and engagement in the protection of the Northern Territory’s marine environment, including through implementation of the Government’s Coastal and Marine Management Strategy, the Limmen Bight Marine Park and other Territory-specific marine protection measures.
● Assist the Campaign Manager to implement the Keep Top End Coasts Healthy campaign.
● Deliver community-based campaign activities that increase public knowledge of the Top End’s marine life and foster support and engagement for the development of innovative Territory-specific marine protection measures.
● Working in collaboration with the AMCS team, partner organisations, Traditional Owners, tourism, fishing groups and other stakeholders to build on an existing public campaign to establish marine protection for the NT.
● Passion for protecting the marine environment.
● Experience in community outreach, public engagement and event organising.
● Ability to develop, plan and implement projects and collaborative initiatives, including the ability to prioritise competing time demands.
● Demonstrated experience in working with and engaging diverse stakeholder groups and Traditional Owners.
● Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the production of written and digital communications materials and implementation of digital communications strategy.
● Ability to operate effectively in a small team as well as being a self-starter, and comfortable to work with limited supervision.
● Willingness to travel within the NT.
Desirable selection criteria
● Experience working with the Northern Territory community.
● Experience in campaign work to build a strong constituency of public support.
● Relevant tertiary qualification (eg: science, humanities or communications).
Applications close 9am Monday 28th September 2020 ACST. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.